FAMI-QS has announced the signing of a strategic agreement with FIAAA.
The feed industry already benefits from FIAAA management of the Australian & New Zealand Code of Practice for Animal Feed Ingredient & Additive Suppliers.
- Compliance with the FIAAA Code of Practice meets one of the key criteria for exclusion of ‘END’ products from the requirement to be registered.
- The Pet Food Industry Association of Australia (PFIAA) Ingredient Purchasing Guidelines recommend adoption of industry codes such as the FIAAA Code of Practice. This Guideline is referenced in AS 5812:2017 Manufacturing and marketing of pet food.
- The Stock Feed Manufacturers Council of Australia (SFMCA) automatically accepts FIAAA accredited suppliers as having completed the APVMA’s requirements on suppliers for self-assessment
FAMI-QS similarly addresses safety and quality to minimize risks when placing feed ingredients and additives in the market.
- The FAMI-QS code is designed for international validity.
- Certification to FAMI-QS/FIAAA will be a trade enabler for FIAAA members.
FIAAA and FAMI-QS are developing the systems for Australia and New Zealand and look forward to updating the market as implementation progresses.
FIAAA and FAMI-QS have worked long and hard to get to this point and are excited about the future.
Please contact us for further information