The underlying principles of the FIAAA Code of Practice include:
- Protecting the health of livestock and to enable livestock producers to achieve expected levels of performance
- Protecting the health of consumers of food products derived from livestock fed ingredients and additives
- Contributing to the delivery of livestock products of consistent and appropriate quality to enable livestock producers to market food commodities that meet national and international food standards.
How can safe feed be made?
Complying with the FIAAA Code of Practice ensures the safety and quality of feed ingredients and additives.
Certification to the Code means that businesses are operated in accordance with feed hygiene requirements and that there is improved traceability and compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements, including:
- Department of Agriculture and Water Resources (DAWR) biosecurity requirements,
- Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority (APVMA) regulations and.
- for New Zealand Ministry, Primary Industries (MPI) and EPA requirements.